Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART

In the garden of being alone in ones own thoughts. Where sounds are muffled, and many times the mind is bent, the heart is what needs to be expressed. In these times it really is the stillness that can save folks. The world is faced with a busy effect. This effect affects us all. This Global worry about "can we really get to Peace," compounds our own personal worries with finances, health, and relationships that mean something to us on a personal level. I ran into an email that might help. Thanks Patti for sending it to me because the new Film project is allowing me to look more closely at my health on more levels than one.

As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of  myself. I've become my own friend. Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer  until 4 AM or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love. I will. I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

I know I am sometimes forgetful.  But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver. 

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.

I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I  like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could  have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART! 

feel free to share with your Friends
Blessings To All Of My Friends

2 comments:

  1. HI Shade,
    Hope al is going well with you. I want to thank you for a wonderful post. It reminds all of us as we get older to not despise it and gracefully accept it with open arms and all the blessings that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It especially helps when one feels like they are utterly forgotten LOL. Ahhhhhh the wonderful garden of alone-ness and inner thoughts. Well Susie thanks for popping by finally found the intro drums to this film I am trying to do about Brain Illness and injuries. You have a blessed day my Friend.

      Delete